OK. It is Hollywood. It is a little unreal. BUT, it’s fun, funny, and I like some of what it suggests (albeit in a Hollywood way). Here’s what I think we can learn from this movie:
- Old ways can be good ways and still have relevance today – even in a fast moving tech world. e.g. face-to-face communication vs email or text; smart dressing in a business environment.
- Work can add meaning, purpose, fun, and connection in retirement in ways that are only discovered when you give it a go.
- Experience and wisdom gained through age is still valuable in today’s radically different and ever changing world.
- Knowing when to keep a confidence and when to share can be tricky regardless of your age.
- You’re never too old to start a new relationship or have a housemate.
I liked this movie. If you watch it I’d be interested to hear what you learned about life. Here’s the trailer to tempt you …
*Image Source: YouTube Official Trailer from Warner Bros. Pictures